DANCEOLOGY COVID-19 Health and Safety Measures
Health and Safety Measures for Reopening
We are very excited to be able to reopen our doors and see all of our students smiling faces. We have all waited patiently for this opportunity to put back some of the normal in the lives of our dancers. DANCEOLOGY has worked hard to ensure that our top priority can be delivered to you, to provide dance and instruction with the safety and well-being of our members at its highest priority. We are going above and beyond the government and health ministry standards to offer dance education in a safe and healthy environment. We were given permission by the Ontario Government to open our doors using safety measures as of August 15th!
- Capacity Limitations – Accurate capacity will be established using each studio’s Fire Safety Plan and room dimensions. For example, one student per 4 square metres (43 square feet), to ensure physical distancing of two metres at all times. DANCEOLOGY agrees to work with Provincial and Local Health Units to confirm the allowable site-specific threshold. Class sizes will be limited to ensure social distancing.
- Facility Updates: DANCEOLOGY will be closing their lobby/waiting area and possibly dressing rooms. Parents will not be permitted to wait in the lobby. Students will be dropped off at the street level entry doors. Students will be given a strict drop-off and pick-up time (approx. 10mins). Only students with back-to-back classes may wait in the lobby/studio area. Teachers will rotate between classrooms instead of students rotating classrooms. Teachers will bring the students to the front door for pick-up time. Registration must be completed ahead of time. ONLINE PAYMENTS ONLY will be accepted AT THIS TIME.
- Scheduling: Class start and end times will be staggered to limit the number of students in a common space at the same time and adhere to physical distancing requirements. Staggered class times will also permit DANCEOLOGY Facilities to be disinfected between each class. The studio is currently being renovated to provide a separate entrance for each room.
- Screening Procedures and Drop-off DANCEOLOGY will be implementing screening procedures before every class enters the facility. All individuals, including children, parents/guardians, staff, contractors, and volunteers will be screened prior to arrival. There will be a touch-free hand sanitzer at the entrance of the studio. Entry will be denied to any person who has any COVID-19 symptoms as currently listed by the Toronto Public Health Website Parents/guardians must agree to the COVID-Prescreen Form before any program starts. The form must be signed and will cover the season.
- Belongings All outdoor belongings (shoes, jackets, et cetera) will be kept with the parent/guardian outside of the business. Belongings will be kept with their parents. Students will not be changing in the changerooms. If necessary, students may bring 1 small bag into the dance studio where they will be dancing.
- Hygiene: Employees, contractors, volunteers, and students will be advised to wash their hands upon entry and as often as needed, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use 70% approved hand sanitizer. Upon entry and exit of the facility, before and after they use the restroom, and anytime as needed. Everyone will be encouraged to follow respiratory etiquette (e.g. coughing or sneezing into a bent elbow, promptly disposing of used tissues in the trash). Hand sanitizer will be provided in all dance rooms and upon entry into the building.
- Sanitization practices: Frequently touched surfaces (doorknobs, light switches, toilet handles, sinks, barres, props, et cetera) will be disinfected between each class. Only disinfectants that have a Drug Identification Number (DIN) or low-level hospital-grade disinfectants will be used. Disposable towels and spray cleaners, or disposable wipes, will be made available to regularly clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces. Deep cleans will also be completed as required by health and safety.
- Staff Training Staff will be well trained to recognize and look out for symptoms and separate the student/send them home. They are also trained in all protocols related to managing situations where a student or staff member is showing symptoms.
- Masks / Shields Staff and students will wear masks and/or face shields while entering the building or using any common areas and as recommended by Toronto Health. Changing and adjustments of the masks will be done only while physically distanced by 2 metres. Students do not have to wear masks during class, they will be optional. Instructors will wear masks until further notice.